1. Figure A shows the inlet tubing to the Halimeter®. Note that the open end of this tubing is provided with a special quick disconnect fitting.
2. Per Figure B, insert straw into open end of fitting. Push the straw all the way in. The straw is leak tight and reasonably secure, however, it can be pulled out inadvertently.
3. Therefore, when sampling, grasp the fitting rather than the straw.
4. To remove the straw, simply pull it out.
5. Always maintain good aseptic technique, never touching the straw where the patient’s mouth might also touch. Gloves are recommended (even though they are not used in Figure B, to allow a better photo image).
6. Never re-use straws!!